Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hello All,
I am now staying in Stirling, the home of Stirling Castle, Mary Queen of Scots, and the William Wallace Meorial. It is a lovely town, that I find much more agreeable than Inverness. The people are very friendly and the city is very clean. My group, after spending all of our previous times in hostels and dormitories, are now staying in bed and breakfasts. While most of my group is staying all together, I and four others are staying at another 10 minutes away. I am sharing a room, but not a bed, with one other guy. We have our own toilette and shower complete with a heated towel rack. We had a very authentic scottish breakfast complete with haggis and black pudding. I was able to handle the haggis, but black pudding is a tough bite to swallow (literally). However, I did have coffee this morning at a very nice old coffee house that took me back to the days when coffee houses were the center of political and literary conversation. Well, I am off....
Cheers!
Evan

1 comment:

heytoto said...

Hey, I've been to Stirling and Stirling Castle! Hadn't seen Braveheart at that time (actually, the movie hadn't even been made when I was there!) so I didn't know to look for the William Wallace Memorial. I wasn't brave enough to sample haggis OR black pudding!