Friday, June 15, 2007

Living on an Island

Hullo All,

Sorry that I have been so long in writing. I have spent the last weekend living on the Isle of Iona, which is a very small Isle off of the coast of the Isle of Mull, which off of the coast of Scotland. It was a very good and relaxing time. I stayed at a place called the Macleod center, a place that is affiliated with the Abbey that is on that Island. Though there is a long and diverse history since its inception, the original monastery was founded by St. Columba. He was an Irish monk that took part in what historians call the re-evangelization of Europe (a phenomenon recorded in Thomas Cahill's "How the Irish Saved Civilization" a book for any older readers interested in history). All in all it was a great time. I hiked all over the place, ate good food, had good fun, and worshipped in the abbey. I hope to write more consistently form now on.

Cheers,
Evan

No comments: