Friday, June 08, 2007

So far So good!

Hullo all,

I am already in Scotland (after a long day of travel). I did get one surprise. My group flew through New York City rather than through D.C.. That does not, however, give you an excuse to not check out the Smithsonian.

I arrived in Glasgow this morning, and after I got my bag I went to my hotel called the Tulip Inn. We are just a few blocks from downtown Glasgow, where I spent most of my day. I went with some of my friends, and we just wandered all over the place looking at all of the old buildings and exciting new things to see. After wandering for a little over an hour, we stopped in at a nice little pub and had a nice filling (but cheap) lunch.

After that, we meandered; until we found our way back to the hotel. Later in the evening we went with the whole group for supper at this nice little Italian Restaurant. The food was delicious, but we were tired from travelling across 6 time zones. So, we went back to the hotel to rest.

Tommorow, we will be leaving at seven in the morning on our day long pilgrimage to the very small Isle of Iona. I hope that I have a chance to tell you about Iona very soon. Well......

Cheers!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Italian food in Scotland! Have you had any oatmeal? I hope you are taking lots of pictures. Thanks for keeping up the travel bulletins. Great job!
Cheerio.

heytoto said...

OK, Evan, I'm ready to hear about the Isle of Iona! (I can't tell you how much I envy you this trip!) Karen

Anonymous said...

No worries Karen.
internet is tough on a beautiful island in the Irish sea.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
I had porridge for breakfast every day on Iona. By the by, what is oatmeal?
Cheers,
Evan